Need some advice or help with the right tools or herbicide to control the weeds at your place? We’ve got you covered with everything you need to get the job done!
Our community weed control kit is available for your community group or residents in Tutukaka (for us that’s Sandy Bay back through to Kiripaka along the Coast/River and Waipoka Rd, Old Kaiatea Rd, Kaiatea Rd is the inland boundary….. everything in between).
Loaning the kit works just like a library where you sign them out and back in again. We also collect some details on what your controlling and where so we can report on all the communities good work too. You can loan the whole kit or just some components.
What’s in the kit?
Hand tools for manual control & removal:
- Secateaurs x 6
- Pruning Saws x 6
- Loppers x 1
- Extendable pole pruning saw and hook x 1 (great for hard to reach moth plant pods)
- MetGel Cut’n’Paste Gel
- Bamboo Buster Cut’n’Paste Gel
- Gloves x 6 pairs (reusable)
- Safety Glasses x 6
- High vis vests x 6
- First Aid Kit for up to 12 people including eye wash and ice packs
- Target plant pests on the Tutukaka Coast, how to identify and control them.
- Safety Data sheets for use of herbicide
- Recommended emergency procedures
We also have a team who are GrowSafe certified and can assist with a range of equipment and herbicides to help control larger plant pests using a ‘drill and fill’ or ‘frilling’ techniques such as:
- Glyphosate Concentrate
- Battery Powered Drills & Bits
- Pressure Sprayers